Sunday, January 12, 2014

Penny farthing trips

Hello and happy new-year to everyone!
I wish you all lots of safe and enjoyable bicycle trips!

I actually started a new blog because the trips I'm making on my penny farthing are no part of the building process of the bike itself.
I bought a Garmin edge 200 GPS to make my own bicycle trips through a local website. The trip you create on the website by linking a number of bicycle 'points' can be saved in a GPX-file and then uploaded into the little device. It worked like a dream! First trip was about 25km through the country side.

The new blog is stored here: http://velosaurier.blogspot.be/

Comments will be in Dutch because trips will be in Flanders (no big world-wide plans with the penny farthing in 2014!). I hope you enjoy it!

Cheers,
Filip

3 comments:

  1. Hi. I read all your post about the Penny Farthing. You do a great work. I also want to build one, but I haven't any model o drawing to take the correct dimensions. Can you help me with some drawings? Thank you very much
    my mail norkietti(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Filip,

    Je wordt waarschijnlijk gek gemaakt met dit soort verzoeken. Maar net als Norkio ben ik voornemens een Penny Farthing te maken. Ik zag op jou blog dat je cad-tekeningen gemaakt hebt met qcad.
    Is het mogelijk om deze tekeningen beschikbaar te stellen?

    groet,
    Tómmes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dag Filip,
    Zoals ieder jaar presenteren we in Uitwijken september een foto-expo. De foto's tonen steeds bewoners van de 4 wijken waar we Uitwijken organiseren in september. Voor de komende editie zijn we op zoek naar mensen met originele voertuigen. 'Traffiek in de Wiek' wil bewoners laten zien met hun oldtimer, unieke fiets of motorfiets, of andere speciale voertuigen. Zie je het zitten om mee te doen en even tijd vrij te maken om een foto te laten maken neem dan contact op via stef.de.blieck@bruggeplus.be of via mijn gsm 0499 998970. Graag nog deze week als het kan. Vriendelijke groeten. Stef.

    ReplyDelete