Saturday, April 6, 2013

Front wheel assembly

I picked up the front wheel hub at the welder. He did a nice Tig welding for better strength and I started with  mounting the spokes right away. It went better than expected!
I could tighten everything down and this is how the wheel looks like after 1/3 from the spokes is mounted:


Seeing the wheel getting finished spoke by spoke is very satisfying! After finishing the big wheel, I expect the rest to be fairly straight forward... (fingers crossed).

Next will be the making of the axle and necessary parts to hold the hub. Otherwise I won't be able to true the wheel with enough precision.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Merci! Ik ben blij dat het voorwiel bijna af is. Nu kan ik de maat van de voorvork, de lengte van de backbone, the achterwiel... eindelijk afstemmen op het voorwiel!

      Delete