Thursday, November 15, 2012

Penny farthing building blog

I'll try to keep a diary of the building process of my own penny farthing bicycle.
The goal is to have it ready by spring 2013 so I can take it out of the workshop on a nice and sunny day and take it for a ride in Bruges.

I was inspired to build this bike by several other bike builders all over the world. I based the design of my bicycle on pictures of vintage examples on the internet and data from other bike builders sites.
I will try to use material that is readily available to me. The local shop has a selection of steel tubes and profiles which I will be using.
My workshop is not that big: apart from a lathe, I have a press drill, a welder and some standard hand tools like angle grinder, files,...

Please feel free to leave comments or questions. Since I don't have any previous experience with bike-building, it would be great to get some tips or simply hear from you...

No comments:

Post a Comment