Thursday, November 15, 2012

Front Wheel Bearing Housing

The front bearing housing is made out of tool steel and turned to fit the bearing. It will be cut in half later on so the bearing can be clamped between the halves.
 On the lathe, an inside step is made so the bearing will be encased by the housing. After passing on the lathe, the bearing house looks like this:
 The bearing fits snugly, but there is no force needed. When the housing will be cut in half, flanges will be added so the bearing can be held firmly in the housing.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Charles,

    Thanks for the compliment. Like I said in my introduction: it's my first bike building experience so I hope it will get me somewhere! I'll try to keep in mind that 'experience is what you get when you were expecting something else', so at the least I will learn a lot out of this project...

    Cheers,
    Filip

    ReplyDelete