Sunday, February 3, 2013

Bigwheel hole pattern

For you people wanting to know how I made an even distribution of the holes for the spokes, here is the way I did it.
I first made a long strip of paper. This strip was put in the bottom of the rim all around it (actually, EXACTLY once around it). Now the strip of paper represents the complete circumference of the wheel.
I folded the paper in half and then again in half: these folds represent the exact 4 quarters of the wheel.
I calculated the distance between two spokes and laid out the marks with my compass:

Tip: the compass I used has two points, so I could 'swivel' from point to point, leaving a tiny puncture hole between positions.

After this, I put the piece of paper back in the rim and transferred the marks on the paper to the rim:


Easy as that! Now next step will be the drilling.

No comments:

Post a Comment