Thursday, March 7, 2013

Getting a little anxious

Hello people!
This week, I haven't been able to make any progress. Two main reasons:
1) still waiting for some tools
2) I decided to redo the front hub. I started out with a ring welded to a plate, but I figured out that this is too difficult and complex to achieve. Instead I ordered two pieces of solid round bar which I will have to turn on my lathe to correct specs.

I feel like progress is not going like I would want to. So I'm posting a photo with a little detail of my workshop. Especially for Don: look at the top right. A while ago, I figured it would be great to give the workshop a little touch of contemporary style. The pipe rack is from the first half of the previous century and was quite common in this region of Europe. The little poem engraved in it reads something like: "during days of pain or sorrow, don't neglect your pipe!"

1 comment:

  1. Wow , nice old pipe rack. I used to make hand carved pipes and sold quite a few. Do a search for Speden pipes and you might find a picture or two of my work.

    Nice workshop by the way !
    Cheers Don
    highwheelinginjapan

    ReplyDelete