Sunday, March 24, 2013

Spokes - part 3

At last, Friday evening I was able to pick up my M3 cutter in HSS-E version suitable to cut stainless steel.
The difference in ease of cutting was noticeable and I managed to cut the thread in all of the big-wheel spokes and attach the little M3 nut:


Just when I wanted to start with the small wheel spokes, this happened:

As you can see, a big chunk of material broke off the cutter and left me without a job (again). I guess one of the possible reasons could be I didn't use the proper cutting oil for stainless. Will remember to get some when buying a new cutter.

To fill the rest of my Sunday  I started out with a little side-project : a little Sterling engine. I turned the pillars, the working cylinder and the main shaft to begin with:



No comments:

Post a Comment